We sure do miss seeing all our patients! During this temporary office closure, we understand that you may have questions about your ongoing orthodontic care. Here are some helpful tips until we can see you again in office.
- Great oral hygiene is key! Brush and floss more thoroughly than ever before to keep your enamel and gums as healthy as possible. We recommend you brush 2-3 times per day and floss daily – click here for more info.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water! Make sure to also avoid sticky and hard foods with braces, to avoid breaking brackets and wires.
- Continue to wear your elastic bands as prescribed. If you need additional bands, call or email us.
- If you are turning an expander, continue turning for the length of time, or number of turns, prescribed. At that time, quit turning until we can see you in the office.
- Invisalign retainers should continue to be worn as prescribed. If you need additional retainers, call or email us to determine how we can best care for you virtually. Please also review these Invisalign FAQs from your doctor.
- If a broken wire or bracket is causing you some discomfort, visit our repair page for some tips to bring you comfort.
- If you have a broken or lost retainer, please call or email us to determine the best solution for your situation.
- For emergency orthodontic situations that include severe pain, infections, or injuries, please call our office.
Our communication lines are open and we are here to answer questions and provide virtual care as needed to support your ongoing orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to call us or email us at email@example.com to connect if you have questions or concerns.