Dear Patients and Families, We’re here for you! Even though our clinics remain closed for non-emergency care, we are still here to support your ongoing orthodontic treatment. From the safety of your home, we can virtually monitor your treatment and address concerns you have.
- Contact us if you would like to request a video-based appointment to virtually check your appliances or aligners and to connect face-to-face about treatment questions.
- Email us photos, questions, or concerns about your treatment or call anytime.
- Your doctors have filmed a series of short videos on FAQs and tips filled with helpful information.
We sure do miss seeing all our patients! During this temporary office closure, we understand that you may have questions about your ongoing orthodontic care. Here are some helpful tips until we can see you again in office.
- Great oral hygiene is key! Brush and floss more thoroughly than ever before to keep your enamel and gums as healthy as possible. We recommend you brush 2-3 times per day and floss daily – click here for more info.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink lots of water! Make sure to also avoid sticky and hard foods with braces, to avoid breaking brackets and wires.
- Continue to wear your elastic bands as prescribed. If you need additional bands, call or email us.
- If you are turning an expander, continue turning for the length of time, or number of turns, prescribed. At that time, quit turning until we can see you in the office.
- Invisalign retainers should continue to be worn as prescr
Dear Patients, Families, and Friends, Our entire team at Kristo Orthodontics wants to safeguard the health of our patients and their families, our employees, and the community as a whole against COVID-19. Therefore, in alignment with CDC, ADA, and AAO guidance to postpone non-emergency dental procedures, our offices are temporarily closed. While we expect to resume normal operations on Monday, April 6, we will continue to carefully monitor the ever-changing situation as well as state and national guidance. If you currently have an appointment scheduled prior to April 6, that appointment is canceled. Once we determine when we will be reopening, we will connect with you to reschedule your appointment. Members of our team are available for phone calls if you have questions or concerns about your treatment or if you require emergency orthodontic care. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience, support, flexibility, and understanding during this highly unusual time. Sincerely, Kristo Orthodontics P.S. Dr. Kristo and Dr. Bronski answer some commonly asked questions in this short video – check it out!